Affordable Auto Insurance in Dallas
Auto insurance also called motor or car insurance is an insurance policy covering loss or damage to any vehicle like car, two-wheeler, or commercial vehicle, if you live in Dallas or passing by, it’s a must.
Basic personal insurance is mandated by most of the states and provides financial aid in c
ase of accident or theft of your vehicle.
Like all other Insurance, it tends to provide money for your losses in exchange for your paying a premium.
A basic auto insurance coverage includes:
Liability coverage – it is mandatory in most states for the drivers to purchase the minimum amount of liability coverage set by state law. It includes the damage of your vehicle as well as the damage done to some other vehicle by you.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – this helps you to pay your medical bills if you are hurt by a driver that doesn’t own insurance.It also helps, if the liability limits of driver’s insurance aren’t enough to cover your medical bills.
- Medical payments coverage – if you or any of your family members are driving an insured vehicle and get injuries due to an accident then medical payments coverage may help pay for the cost of your injuries including hospital visits, surgeries, x-rays, etc.
- Personal injury protection- it’s quite similar to medical payment coverage but includes coverage of additional expenses like child care expenses or lost income.
If we carefully look most of the coverage policy aims at lessening the damage caused by your car. B
ut if you have to protect your car then you have to get some additional endorsements like ;
Collision – in case you collide with another vehicle, fence, or any other object, collision coverage policy may help you to repair or replace your car. It’s an optional policy that completely depends on the will of the client.
- Comprehensive – provides coverage of theft and damage caused by an incident other than collisions like fire, floods, and other hazards.
- Glass coverage – while some auto insurance companies only provide you with windshield damage but others can also provide you with the damage of rear windows, side windows, and glass sunroofs.
Things to consider
Your personal auto insurance policy covers your personal driving be it for any reason however it won’t provide coverage if you use your car for any commercial purposes.
Also, no coverage is provided for using your car for car-sharing or transportation of other people. Your insurance policy pays you with the current market value of your vehicle and not the actual price you bought your vehicle for.
If your car gets badly damaged due to an accident, gap insurance covers the difference between what a vehicle is currently worth and the amount you actually owe on it.
Therefore it’s a good way to ensure that you extract the most possible benefits from your insurance policy.