Safeguard yourself against unforeseen vehicle emergencies with MiWay’s comprehensive, affordable and flexible insurance cover for your car.
» For more information, consult our policy wording . * Premiums are risk profile dependent and increase annually, taking economic factors into account.
Which is the cheapest type of car insurance?
Third party insurance is the minimum level of car insurance offered by car insurance companies in South Africa. You can expect that third party only car insurance would be the cheapest option available as it offers the least protection of all the types of cover available. When completing a car insurance quote, be sure to compare the different rates to confirm that it is in fact the cheapest option.
Third party cover provides liability cover for damage caused to someone else’s car, it does not cover your injuries or any damage to your car. Cover includes:
- Damage caused to another persons car or property
- Injury to your own passengers during an accident
Third party car insurance does NOT cover Loss or damage to my vehicle caused by:
- Damage in an accident or intentionally
- Animals other than my own domestic animals
- Theft, hijacking, attempted theft or attempted hijacking
- Fire or explosion
- Earthquake, storm, hail, flood or snow
And very importantly, remember that Third party car insurance will not cover you if you are injured in an accident.