Visa Requirements for Students in Taiwan
Visa requirements for students that want to study in Taiwan are different for students depending on their citizenship. Select you country below, learn about the relevant regulations and find the embassies and consulates in your country!
The Taiwan student visa is a type of Resident Visa, the type of visa issued for long-term stays. The types of Taiwan student visa offered are:
- Taiwan student visa for full-time foreign students (Ph.D., MA, and BA).
- Taiwan student visa for international exchange students.
- Taiwan student visa for overseas Chinese students wishing to study in Taiwan (at a Taiwanese university, college, vocational school, high school, or lower).
- Taiwan student visa for foreigners wishing to learn Mandarin Chinese.
The visa application requirements for international students who are to study full time in either Ph.D., Master’s program, Bachelor’s program, or Diploma/Certificate are as the following:
- Two-color passport-size photos
- Photocopy of the passport, it needs to be valid for at least six months
- Original and a photocopy of the health certificate
- Original and a photocopy of the admission permit of enrollment and registration
- Original and photocopy of highest education diploma
- Proof of financial support